We just got home from the 40th Manila International Book Fair (MIBF) and we’re so blessed to have bought the books that we wanted for our children! We got there at almost 12 noon and went straight to the second floor to where the booths that sell children’s books were located. We’re so glad we went there first because there’s no line at the registration area. We were supposed to have printouts of MIBF passes from National Bookstore’s FB page but I have taken it out of my bag by mistake before leaving home. It’s a good thing that the fee is minimal — Php35 regular rate and Php20 for students (my son’s student ID is always on my bag). My toddler got in for free.
We planned for our book fair trip so we can make the most out of it. Thanks to all those who have shared about their book hauls on FB and IG — they helped us strategize and gave us ideas on which titles to buy. Here’s a list of the booths that we purchased from:
- Forgot the name of the first booth where we bought the Wonders of Learning series 🙁
- Anvil Publishing
- Adarna House
- Tahanan Books
- Philippine Bible Society
- Kahel Press / Saint Matthews Publishing
- Fully Booked
- ABS-CBN Publishing
- Lampara Books
A few things that made our family time at MIBF 2019 a bit more comfortable:
- We ate a heavy breakfast. We all know that hunger could result to impulsive buys and whiny kids.
- There was a heavy downpour on our way to SMX Mall of Asia which slowed down the flow of traffic. So, while looking for a parking space, we ate the Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies with Chia Seeds that I baked yesterday.
- I breastfed our little girl on the way so she can take her nap.
- We brought our stroller inside. The kids took turns in riding on it and also doubled as our book cart.
- As mentioned above, we took note of the publishers and titles that we wanted to buy.
- We brought ecobags as added carriers for our books.
I will share our book haul soon!
I wish I was there!
[…] year, we have planned for our trip and as a result, had a great time at the 40th Manila International Book Fair. We spent plenty of time browsing at the kiosks of the following publishers and […]